You’ve thought about the benefits of IT outsourcing and believe that it could be an excellent way to save money and help your business run smoothly. Great! However, did you realize that not every MSP (managed service provider) is alike? We’ve put together five must-have features of a managed provider to help you determine if the company you are considering will meet your needs.
- Fits Your Technology IT outsourcing is only a good fit for your firm if it fits your technology. Does the company work on the type of servers you operate? Are the technicians comfortable with your mobile plan? All of these areas are important and are essential to determining if an MSP is a good fit for you.
- 24/7 Help Desk and MonitoringNo matter what hours your firm operates, tech problems can hit at any time. It is vital that you choose a company that is there to help you at three a.m. on President’s Day as well as Monday through Friday from 9 – 5.
- Quick and Reliable Response Time When you call, you should get an answer. When you are promised assistance, you should get it – as soon as possible. You don’t have time to wait and wait and wait. The best managed service firms are focused on getting things done quickly.
- Friendly Service Techs The surly IT tech is a staple of workplace jokes. But this shouldn’t be a reality. Friendly techs who are willing to help you learn more about the technology you utilize will make the process better for everyone involved.
- Company Feels Like a Partner (Not an Outsourced Service) IT outsourcing can save you money and get you the high level of service you need. However, it shouldn’t leave you feeling like just one of many customers. Choose an IT company that treats you like a partner, not just another client.
While these are must-have features, there is more to choosing an MSP than this. You want a company that meets your needs AND exceeds your expectations. If you are looking for managed IT service in or around Cleveland, Ohio, reach out to us at Great Lakes Computer today. We would love to show you what makes us unique.